View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turturin
Raiders
Chief Medical Examiner

Chief Medical Examiner

re: P4 Dark Bargain Soaking On Garrosh

posted this on might's forums, posting here as well for main (and eventually alt) warlocks so you know how to do this.

how to soak a 4 stack of Malicious blast and laugh:

1. pop shadow bulwark and take stack # 1 - 330k, get healed

2. Pop Unending resolve (-40%)

3. take stack #2 - 578K reduced by UR to 346K (remember you will have >1MM HP at this point)

4. pop dark bargain

5. take stack #3 - 1MM reduced by UR to 600k, absorbed by Dark bargain

6. take stack #4 - 1.77 MM reduced to UR 1.06MM, absorbed by Dark bargain.

You will have a total DB absorb of 1.66 MM, reduced by 50% = 830K over 8 seconds.

7. Pop Twilight ward, absorb the first 250k (~2.5 dark bargain ticks)

8. pop glyphed HS for 40% of max hP over 10 seconds = 400k (with shadow bulwark)

9. (optional) 1 ember tap (not glyphed) = 330-400 k. Half of this should be overheal.

There you go...you lived and you don't even need a healer beyond a few HoT’s at the start if you don’t stand in fire.

You'll see Puffbuff and I both slightly deviated from this on our logs, but above is what i think is optimal. He also benefitted from a priest shield, so his DB ticks were even less damage, in the ~80k range, while I mistimed UR so i was in the 120k range. either way, not at all scary or dangerous if you do it right.
Syrkk
F&F Member
Medical Fellow

Medical Fellow

Shadow Priests: Pop disperse a little over 1 second after you get the first debuff. Warlocks too hard!

Amagran
F&F Member
Medical Fellow

Medical Fellow

boomkin pop barkskin and might of ursoc, and then die. 

Séan
Ireumeun Seanimnida
F&F Member
Medical Fellow

Medical Fellow

Syrkk wrote:

Shadow Priests: Pop disperse a little over 1 second after you get the first debuff. Warlocks too hard!

Agreed, too many buttons to click out of your spell book.  Bubble FTW

crayzus
Raiders
Medical Fellow

Medical Fellow

What happens if you get malice debuff before the last 4 ticks? Like if I get it with 5-6 ticks left, do I stand out until it wears off or do I not stand in it at all if it hits 6 ticks left and wait  until it has 4 left? I think on our kill I popped my db early but that is not what killed me, it was the accidental impact. So I think there is a bit of room for cheesing this.

Syrkk
F&F Member
Medical Fellow

Medical Fellow

crayzus wrote:

What happens if you get malice debuff before the last 4 ticks? Like if I get it with 5-6 ticks left, do I stand out until it wears off or do I not stand in it at all if it hits 6 ticks left and wait  until it has 4 left? I think on our kill I popped my db early but that is not what killed me, it was the accidental impact. So I think there is a bit of room for cheesing this.

You make sure this doesn't happen, period, by not participating in the 3rd tick of the 4th malice. You MUST be able to soak the last 4 ticks. So, as Turt has emphasized, here is how Malice #4 works:

Tick 1: You can soak this.

Tick 2: You can soak this.

Tick 3: Avoid no matter what (if you eat the 2nd tick, the debuff will fade before the 4th tick goes out).

Ticks 4-7: MUST soak these.

There are only 2 reasons you should be unable to soak the last 4 ticks. 1) You're dead. 2) You're the primary target for malice, thus unable to soak. The accidental impact that happened on our kill attempt occurred about 5 seconds after the 4th malice ended, so that should never interfere (in fact, that star shouldn't even spawn). If somehow you mess up, you will die, but you should follow Turt's guideline for the ticks 3-6 then prepare to die at the 7th tick (5th tick on you). Although you'll die, you'll prevent the boss from getting 5 more corruption. The damage you would do in the remainder of the fight is probably lower than the entire raid would do in 5 seconds, from that point onward.

Similarly, for the 2nd malice, if you are one of the "clump check" people, you need to make sure you don't take the 5th tick of the 2nd malice (so that you can guarantee to be safe for the 6th and 7th ticks).

Last edited by Syrkk on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
crayzus
Raiders
Medical Fellow

Medical Fellow

I see, understood.

Turturin
Raiders
Chief Medical Examiner

Chief Medical Examiner

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ffev0rp7ruinq31f/xe/?s=4918&e=4950&x=%28%28TargetName+%3D+%22Turturin%22+or+TargetName+%3D+%22Puffbuffpass%22+or+TargetName+%3D+%22Lambz%22+or+TargetName+%3D+%22Crayzus%22%29+and+%28Spell+%3D+%22Malicious+Blast%22+or+Spell+%3D+%22Dark+Bargain%22%29%29%0D%0Aor+%28%28sourceName+%3D+%22Turturin%22+or+sourceName+%3D+%22Puffbuffpass%22+or+sourceName+%3D+%22Crayzus%22+or+sourceName+%3D+%22Lambz%22%29%0D%0Aand+fullType+%3D+SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS+%0D%0Aand+%28Spell+%3D+%22Unending+Resolve%22+or+Spell+%3D+%22Dark+Bargain%22+or+Spell+%3D+%22Twilight+Ward%22+or+Spell+%3D+%22Shadow+Bulwark%22+or+Spell+%3D+%22Healthstone%22+or+Spell+%3D+%22Ember+Tap%22%29%29

That's the expression for last night's kill. Good news is we all lived. But could have been better.

First off appears the person with Malice moved to the group a little too early. This caused all of us to start taking stacks @ #5 instead of #4. Two of us adjusted and didn't take a 5th stack (resulting in boss energy). Two took a 5th stack. Ultimately, that's an error on the part of the malice person.

That said here's how each of us did, we all have room for improvement even though we all lived:

Crayzus - Popped Dark Bargain after the 1st stack. this is too early. Popped Unending resolve after taking a 5th stack. This is too late. Never used shadow bulwark. Used Healthstone and Twilight Ward correctly. your total Dark Bargain Soak was 4.75MM, this is way too much, resulted in 178K per second ticks (reduced by UR, but you would have gotten better reduction had you used UR earlier).

Lambz - Twilight ward came before stacks, too early. Unending Resolve was after stack 1, right on time. You took stack 3 with no DB up and took a 500k hit, shadow bulwark was late. Your DB ticks were at 63k, which is good, but would have been around 95k had you gotten dark bargain off in time. Overall not bad.

Puff - twilight ward came too early, shadow bulwark came after DB was already ticking, so late. Your Dark Bargain usage was perfect given where your stacks were at. Your unending resolve came late. You took 5 stacks. Resulted in a similar tick value to crayzus, 183K.

Turt - Shadow bulwark came after first stack (although as noted first stack was early due to Malice error). Unending Resolve and Dark Bargain were also 1 stack late (I should have noticed the extra stack by then and adjusted timing and did not do so). Twilight ward was good my ticks of DB were at 71k, would have been around 100k, had my Dark bargain gone off 1 stack earlier as it should have.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Post Mortem Forum Index -> Warlocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum