View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puffbuffpass
Raiders
Medical Student

Medical Student

re: Elemental simcraft results

Doing some simcraft today so i figured i would share my data with everyone in preparation for beginning BRF

Patchwork scale factors for Elemental mastery/unleash elements/storm elemental

50k iterations 10 minutes 20% variance

Scale Factors Chart 

Multistrike is still king, for now, so strong that some Highmaul items will remain BIS through BRF (neck/ring)

Haste and crit are neck and neck depending on talent choices. PE/SE favoring crit UF/EF favoring haste

versatility and mastery are still on the weak side for patchwork

These are my talent simulation results for patchwork, heavy movement, 2 target cleave, and 5 target aoe. Aside from patchwork the other results should cover the majority of fights in the tier ahead.

the following sims are using 25000 iterations 7min 30sec 20% variance

Talent key:    tier 4 talents: EM=elemental mastery, AS=ancestral swiftness, EE=echo of elements

tier 6 talents: UF=unleash fury, PE=prime elementist, EB=elemental blast

tier 7 talents: EF=elemental fusion, SE=storm elemental, LM=liquid magma

patchwork single target                                          heavy movement single target                                                    2 target cleave                                                                     5 target aoe

DPS ChartDPS ChartDPS ChartDPS Chart

DPS ChartDPS ChartDPS ChartDPS Chart

These sims represent all 27 talent builds and the first thing you notice is how close they all are in single target. You can however rule out a few talents from a single target standpoint, echo of elements, and elemental blast.

When i comes down to actual fights prime elementist starts to pull ahead the more you move. and you also have to consider the massive defensive cd that comes with prime elementist via reinforce. 

2+ targets Liquid magma and prime elementist is king, with echo of elements growing stronger with 3+ targets.

Lytheia
Raiders
Resident Physician

Resident Physician

Have you had the chance to play with around with the set bonuses on PTR yet? The increase is insane when paired with EotE. I got 102 LvBs off in a 7 minute fight.

Puffbuffpass
Raiders
Medical Student

Medical Student

No i have not had a chance to do any in game testing on the ptr, however i doubt eote will be viable for single target for two reason. It is the only talent in the tier that that gives no benefit during ascendance. Secondly, as we get more haste in upcoming tiers lava surge procs will continually devalue the talent. This would explain the incoming Eote buff in 6.1. 

Lytheia
Raiders
Resident Physician

Resident Physician

you're right. When I posted that, I wasn't even thinking about the reduced ilvl in LFR, which might be why it was shining. I'm definitely excited to see how we perform on the rest of the fights. Elemental seems very strong on Gruul and Blast Furnace. 

In regards to AS being top for the most part, how do you think we'll use it? I was thinking just macroing it for an instant LB every time it is up, but is there any merit to holding it?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Post Mortem Forum Index -> Shamans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum